Get your old photos/videos in our 20 years of D&B documentary
Got photos or videos of D&B history? If you have captured some special moments over the years (especially before 2008) you could be immortalised in our documentary!
Submit to WIN:
Top prize: 20 Years Merchandise bundle signed by artists in the documentary
Additional prizes include Drum&BassArena merchandise
Every photo or video clip featured will receive a credit on screen in the documentary
Terms & Conditions
The Drum&BassArena 20 Years of Drum & Bass Documentary competition rewards the best single photograph(s) and video(s) submitted. Judges are looking for clear photographs and videos that represent the scene from 1996 through to the present day.
- 1.1 By entering the Competition You hereby accept these Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
- 1.2.1 The Competition is free to enter.
- 1.2.2 The Competition is open to all members of the public.
- 1.3 1.3 Entries must be submitted by January, 30 2017 - 11:59pm GMT.
- 2. To enter, You must upload Your image or video file(s) via the following website: https://20.breakbeat.co.uk/documentary/ (the "Website"), following the on-screen instructions carefully. Alternatively, physical photos can be submitted by sending to: AEI Group Ltd, 3rd Floor Bankstock Building, 42-44 De Beauvoir Crescent, N1 5SB. AEI will be under no obligation to return any submissions and advise that you take copies of any submissions should You wish to retain after submission.
- 2.1 Images and videos must be of events, people or locations relevant to drum & bass since 1996.
- 2.2 Image quality should be at least 5MP quality and no larger than 10MB of filetype JPEG, TIF, PNG files. Videos should be of filetype MOV, AVI
- 3.1 Entries will be judged between January 31st and February 2nd 2017 and announced February 3rd 2017.
- 3.2 The winners will be chosen at the discretion of AEI Group Ltd, and their decision is final. The winners will be notified by email. No negotiation will be entered into with respect to such decisions and no cash alternatives will be awarded.
- 3.3 Each entrant can submit up an unlimited number of submissions. If more than one submission is received from any individual entrant, judging will be based on each single submission and not the collective submission.
- 4.1 AEI Group Ltd reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the following requirements.. You warrant and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by You (“Entry”), as follows:
- 4.1.1 You are the sole owner and author of each Entry
- 4.1.2 You have the right to make Your entry available to the Competition
- 4.1.3 Each Entry does not contain personally identifiable information about You or any other person(s)
- 4.1.4 Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content
- 4.1.5 Each Entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law
- 4.1.6 Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and Your Entry does not include:
- 184.108.40.206 trademarks owned by third parties, or to the extent that Your Entry does contain such trademarks you warrant that AEI have the right to pixelate or otherwise remove such images for the purpose of inclusion in the documentary
- 220.127.116.11 copyrighted materials owned by third parties (excluding musical compositions)
- 4.1.7 Entries which contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service other than that AEI Group Ltd or its affiliates.
- 4.1.8 No animals were harmed or manipulated in the making of the image
- 4.2 You agree to fully indemnify AEI Group Ltd in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
- 5.1 If you are under 18, you have Your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to participate in the Competition.
- 5.2 If AEI Group Ltd does not receive a valid signed parental or legal guardian consent form for any winner under the age of 18 within 7 clear days of the contestant being declared a winner (excluding the day on which such declaration is made) AEI Group Ltd will be entitled to select an alternative winner.
- 6.1 AEI recognises you, the author of the image or video, retain full ownership of the copyright in each Entry to the extent which the contestant owned such copyrights on date of submission.
- 6.2 All entrants understand that any image or video submitted to the competition may be used by AEI Group Ltd and its affiliates, for marketing and promotional purposes of You the author and the documentary only. You hereby grant AEI Group Ltd a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each Entry throughout the world in perpetuity in all media for any use connected to the promotion of You the author and documentary and/or competition, including, but not limited to:
- (a) judging the Competition
- (b) displaying the winning entries in the documentary and promotional material for the documentary
- (c) inclusion on the Website, books, CDs, magazines or similar
- (d) inclusion within any materials promoting of the Competition, in the promotion of AEI Group Ltd or its affiliates
- (f) sub-licencing the Entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Competition and documentary
- (g) allowing viewers of the Website to view images on a computer screen, PDA or mobile telephone and store such pages in electronic form on disk or on a PDA or mobile telephone (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for their personal, non-commercial use only
- 6.3 You hereby acknowledge and agree if Your image is included in the Drum&BassArena 20 Years of Drum & Bass Documentary that Your media will remain perpetually fee and royalty free.
- 7. Any photograph used by AEI Group Ltd and its affiliates shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as the AEI Group Ltd uses its reasonable endeavours to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure.
- 8. AEI Group Ltd assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
- 9. AEI Group assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, and the assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Competition. AEI Group Ltd assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries.
- 10. In no event will AEI Group Ltd its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, Event Partners, its advertising or promotion agencies, or its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives or agents be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any contestant’s access to and use of the Website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
- 12. You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of Your name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
Promoter: AEI Group Ltd, 3rd Floor Bankstock Building, 42-44 De Beauvoir Crescent, London.